Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Fruity Crunch Yogurt Parfait


This is one of my FAVORITE breakfasts! It's so simple and yet so tasty (and good for you!) Since I have to take breakfast to work with me, this is one of my staples that is both healthy and portable!

Ingredients:
5-6 oz vanilla Greek yogurt (I use Yoplait Greek 100 Non-fat)
4-5 medium strawberries (about 1/2 cup cut up)
1/4 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
1/2 medium banana
1/4 cup Kashi GoLean Crunch cereal
1 T raisins


Layer cut-up fruit, yogurt, cereal, and raisins in a bowl, parfait glass, or (in my case) plastic container to take with you. It's that easy! Yes, this recipe has carbs and sugar, but it's breakfast time...a little energy will not hurt you ;)

Notes: You can add whatever fruits you want: blackberries, grapes, peaches, cut up apples, etc...whatever works for you. This is just what I had on hand. If you need more protein, consider adding a scoop of vanilla protein powder, or scrambling some egg whites (on the side, of course!) Also, you can use whatever flavor yogurt you want too. Sometimes I use berry-flavored, or honey, or even key lime for a bit of tang :)


Nutrition Facts:
Calories: 275
Total Fat: 1.4 g
Saturated Fat: .2 g
Cholesterol: 3 mg
Sodium: 109 mg
Carbs: 52.5 g
Dietary Fiber: 6.3 g
Sugars: 30.8 g
Protein: 17.1 g

No comments:

Post a Comment