Thursday, July 5, 2012

Happy 4th of July!!

Happy 4th of July all!!! Ok, so do you want to know the secret for a YUMMY and LOW-CALORIE dessert???? Well, I found one yesterday!! One I can actually not feel guilty about! And it's also festive!

Red, White and Blue Mini Cheesecakes!

Ingredients (makes 12):
8 oz fat free cream cheese
3 T sugar (that's right, the real deal!!!)
1 tsp vanilla
2 egg whites
6 oz fat free vanilla Greek yogurt (I used Dannon Oikos)
1 T flour
12 reduced fat vanilla wafers
Strawberries/Blueberries for garnish

 Ignore the word "imitation" on the vanilla. I was out of regular!

Preheat the oven to 350. Line 12 muffin cups with papers, then place 1 vanilla wafer in the bottom of each cup.
So simple. I included this picture in case there are other weird ways to do this. This is the proper way.

Mix the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until all the lumps are gone. (Make sure to let the cream cheese soften before you attempt this!!! I always forget and it makes me mad. So I am reminding you now.)

The brown stuff is just vanilla. Real vanilla, I swear.

Then add the egg whites, yogurt, and flour and beat until just mixed. According to the recipe I used, DO NOT OVERBEAT. I'm guessing they would come out HORRIBLE!!!  ;) Or tough, or poisonous or something.
Again, note my Pampered Chef spatula. This is my favorite spatula.

After the filling as all beat up, pour it into the 12 muffin cups. (When I say "pour", I mean, scoop out with a spoon because it's too thick to pour.) Open the over door and put 'er in!

Ignore the gross-looking pizza stone. That was a combination of several drippy pizzas and one delicious but messy meal cooked on a slab of salt. Strange, I know.

After 30-35 minutes (mine took 35), the cheesecakes should be just barely starting to crack but still kind of jiggly. (Jiggly is a weird word .) This is how you know they're done. Take them out and let them cool, then chill for probably an hour. Garnish with strawberries and blueberries and you have a delicious 66 calorie (WHAT?!?!) dessert!!!


That looks like a little slice of heaven right there.

Things to note: The cookie stuck to the bottom of the paper...not sure how to combat this. Maybe flour the bottoms? I don't know. Still good. 

Also, these will freeze well! If you have leftovers, which I did (ONLY because my sister showed up to 4th of July with the EXACT SAME DESSERT!! I kid you not. The same thing. Right down to the flag-colored garnish. Only she tried to upstage me by using brightly colored and decorated red cupcake papers...the nerve.) Anyway! Freezing these guys is a great idea! Then you just pop on out, let it sit on the counter for a few minutes to soften, and eat up! 66 calories guys! That is unheard of! And these don't even use any fake sugar! If you chose to use stevia or something, they'd have even less! CRAZY!!!

Happy Fourth!!





No comments:

Post a Comment